RSS

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Zoodohou Pigis (Lifegiving Water/Well) Church - Anissaras

Zoodohou Pigis (Lifegiving Water/Well) Church

This amazing little Church can be found behind the Laguna Beach Hotel. I saw the signs for this Church from last year in August, but I could never find it, somehow it eluded me. I found it eventually a few days ago and here are some pictures. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking, thanks, enjoy! :-)


You can see Laguna Beach Hotel in the background, a few hundred metres from the Church.

The small Icon/candle room and interesting little bell.

The small room next to the Church is full of Icons and you can light a candle and say a prayer.

Very interesting and inspiring collection of  Icons. The big one on the left (Ierosolomitisa/Jerusalemite) and the smaller one in the middle of Mary and little Jesus are very impressive!

Notice the Greek flag rolled up and tucked away at the top...

Enter if you dare...

A closer look at the bell.

I lit a candle and said a prayer for everyone.

It's facing East towards Jerusalem.

I was very glad to find this small Church after such a long time of trying to find it. It's a very special place! Till next time then, cheers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome and appreciated by us, as long as they're constructive and objective, but general comments are accepted too. I don't wish to censor or restrict anyone, but desire to learn from everyone and improve the quality of this site. Thanking you all kindly! :-)